Monday, June 30, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons

It's such an overused phrase to me..."When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" However, I feel as though it is very fitting for this post! I promised I would be better about posting. I also said there would be more to come about the big things going on in our lives, so here we go!!

A couple of months ago I received a call from a good friend asking if it was ok that he gave my name and contact info to someone looking for a special needs child. Of course I told him it was absolutely ok, as we are very open with B. I get another call shortly after from a very special little girl's mom. She said her daughter wanted to start a fundraiser to help pay for medical bills for children in need.

Abby's Idea was formed shortly after our conversation. The initial fundraisers were lemonade stands. These seem to be a huge hit in during the summers in the south!!!   So far, nearly $700 has been raised just for Braylon!!!  Shortly after the first lemonade stand, we brainstormed with a great local artist to come up with a t shirt design! Hopefully these will be available soon...they are going to be great!!

What an amazing little girl Abby is to want to do something like this for others!!  Please check out her Facebook page "Abby's Idea" to read more about it!

Coming soon...our experience with Horse Therapy!!!

Thank you all again for following us on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. A special little girl and a special little boy - what a great combination! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete