Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Fast Track to Greatness

Well, it seems as though I have let our hectic lives get the best of me when it comes to updating our blog!!  I felt compelled to start sharing our journey over a year ago and realized it has been way too long since I have followed through!!

At this point I am not sure where to even begin to catch everyone up...most of you follow on on Facebook, so you have seen the tremendous progress he has made.  For those who do not, here is a glimpse of what has been going on...

Braylon turned 2 last October.  I think at that point he decided, "I think it is time to start showing everyone what I can accomplish."  Since that turning point, he has made great strides!!  If you would have asked me a year ago what the future looked like for him, I would have said I am unsure...yes positive, but still unsure.  If you ask me now, I would say that he will achieve greatness (just in his own time).

Around Christmas last year he started sitting up on his own.  This opened a whole new world of exploration for him.  He was very wobbly at first, but in time it became a constant.  This child that had spent the first 2 years of his life horizontal was now seeing everything from a different prospective!!! 

It seems like we blew through the next few months and before we knew it he was on to something else new...standing!!!!  I'm telling you, this little boy just took off!!!  He started pulling up on things that were a couple of feet off the floor, but couldn't quite figure out how to get back down.  We went through a few falls, even with much supervision and cushions!!  Just like that, we no longer needed those things.  He can stand AND get back down completely on his own!!!

We also have invested in our first walker.  He has to work very hard to use that...we kind of by-passed the walker with assistance for his trunk control and went straight to one without!!  Why hold him back if he doesn't need it right????  That's kind of where we are currently...things we thought we would need medically, we have been able to skip right over.  How awesome is that?!?!?

I think that kind of brings everyone up to date.  I will try better to post more often; it just seems so hard to squeeze in with all the other activities (More on that to come)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment